Monday 22 March 2010

Sketchbook Drawings

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These are a few pages out of my “visual” sketchbook. I decided to produce some drawings of the sculptures I had made. I’m pretty happy with what I have produced – the newsprint is a really nice background for drawing onto – especially these muted, more subtle coloured pieces of newsprint. I was a bit weary of ripping them out my sketchbook at first, however I think they can be made into something more thank just a sketchbook page if worked into and developed more. The drawings need to be repositioned in order for them to work as a series I think. Therefore I will crop them out and position them in a more interesting composition. I can also experiment with the backgrounds of what they will be positioned on – possibly sections of the surrounding pages which have been cut out, some prints which I have produced, maybe even some objects them selves.

 

2

This is the kind of thing I’m thinking of. Obviously it wont be as precise as it wont be made up on Photoshop. I’m still not sure what to do though – it may work quite nicely if I develop it properly and work into the drawings more. I might produce another drawing to replace the one on the left as it’s not as noticeable as the other two drawings.

No comments: