Monday 1 March 2010

Secret Location !

I was taken around a secret abandoned building today ! I can’t say were it was ……as I’ve been told not to haha ! But it was amazing ! It’s so perfect for my project ! There is so much I can collect and photograph within it ! I’m planning on going on a big scavenger hunt there soon and collecting lots of stuff that I can use to make more sculptures !  There was also lots of nice textures and patterns I found there along with interesting objects that I wouldn't be able to move but could photograph ! Below are just a few pictures I took today at the secret building !

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          P3010387

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          P3010396

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

I found just even walking around this building so inspiring. There was so much there that related to my project ! Firstly the building itself is something that was found by one of my friends…and then all of the found and hidden beauty that’s just been abandoned and left ! The lighting in there was amazing – especially on such a nice day like today. Because some lights were not working natural light from other rooms poured into the hallways and some rooms were more brightly lit than others depending on the dirtiness of the windows – with the more dirty windows causing  more subtle and diffused lighting. I think my next visit there will be even more beneficial – I will be able to collect discarded objects which I can use in new sculptures and get some nice photo’s using my tripod. Hopefully I can get back there tomorrow but we shall see !

No comments: