Thursday 21 January 2010

Discarded Newsprint !

Well I finally got round to taking some pictures of some of the newsprint I have salvaged !

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

There is just something about them that is really beautiful to look at. I think it’s the randomness of the marks – no thought of how they are put together.

I had my first tutorial yesterday with Arthur which was pretty useful ! He suggested etching on top of these with other random marks. I think this could be really successful so I’m going to have a word with Pete later on today to see if I can get a sort of workshop on Etching. From what I’ve seen of other peoples etchings I think it would lend itself really well to printing on top of these newsprints.

1 comment:

A said...

These are just fantastic. The colors and textures remind me a lot of forgotten/abandoned places. Kind of that decayed, peeling paint look. Great finds.