Tuesday 2 February 2010

Where to go from here ?!

I’ve hit a point where I don’t know what to do. I need to sit down and do some serious thinking ! I do have a list of potential ideas – it’s just what to do next and how to develop I have created already ! Anyway I managed to take a few photos of the prints I produced from the Etching workshop (shown below)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Etching Plate ^

P2020020 P2020021 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         First Print from Etching Plate^

P2020013

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         First Print experimenting with “Soft Ground” (which allows you to transfer textures onto plate)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

I’m really pleased with how these have turned out (For a first go at Etching anyway!).  However I’m unsure if this plate would be suitable to print over the discarded newsprint I have previously talked about ! Just because there’s not much white space left so the patterns on the news print will not be able to appear through. However it may work out quite nice so I think I’ll give it ago. I’m speaking with Pete (the printmaking technician) tomorrow to discuss how I’m going to print onto newsprint and also if there are any other techniques in etching which would relate well to my project. I think I will possibly make another plate up with more white space but I want to speak to Pete about this and wait until I’ve spoke with Arthur on Thursday also to see what he thinks.

I’ve also been working more on my sculpture made from Yellow Pages (inspired by the Paper Art I have looked at for this project). I’ve loved working on this – it’s quite repetitive but I seem to enjoy this way of working. It’s  therapeutic ! 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I don’t know whether to work on this any more or leave it as it is. I did plan on working on it until no more could be added however I’m having second thoughts !

Oooo also – I changed around my space in the studio and I feel a lot happier in it now ! I only changed by desk around but it means I have a sort of corner now which I much prefer – and I actually have a space where I can work onto things I stick up on the wall which is useful !

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Much more comfortable ! OK it’s not the height of comfort but it feels a lot better than it did – I actually want to produce work there now rather than doing it back at the flat!

No comments: