I finally got round to making some prints from the plate I produced by removing the hard ground from it with turps and found materials / objects. I’m really happy with how they have turned out. The plate has printed a lot more of the marks I created on the plate than I thought it would. I love how random it is and the fact that it looks like that rusty texture that I’m always so fond of when I come across it !
I like both of these prints. I really like the colour of the second one but I do think the black one is just as nice as the contrast between the black and the white really works with this type of pattern ! I need to think of where to go from here. I’ve learnt so much and produced a lot of different types of work. I’ve got to a point where I just need to take a step back…look at what I’ve done…and consider how I can combine / work with these different techniques or choose a more direct route to go down !